Tuesday, November 3, 2009

it ain´t easy getting to coyhaique

Gonzalo, bless his peaceful yoga warrior heart, spent an hour helping me figure out how to get to Coyhaique by the end of the week, where Paula has reserved me a night in a hostal.

None of the websites are in english. Some sites claim a service will take you there, but when you call they deny it, or the online reviews are so terrible that you think you may never arrive there even if you do get a ticket.

Finally, this morning, Gonzalo made a phone call that ended my searh. Quielen Bus service will take you from Puerto Montto to Coyhaique for 50 dollars. Beats flying for 200. It is a 22 hour ride, leaving tomorrow (Wednesday 11-04) at noon and arrives in Coyhaique Thursday at 10 a.m. He says they provide snacks and stop for dinner. PHEW!!!! I´m off to Puerto Montt to get my ticket.

I will get to spend another night here in Puerto Varas, and climb with Paolo, and then tomorrow morning I am off to Coyhaique! Chao amigos!

1 comment:

jen mullin said...

Laura,

I came across your blog. I am on my way to volunteer for Conservation Patagonia also. Such a small world.

Are you still there? Do, or did you lik eit?

thanks, jen